This classic compressor is all about gentle and natural sounding gain reduction. It effortlessly keeps your material’s dynamics controlled without ever strangling the sound. Everything you put into the TLA-100A comes out the other end big and compact sounding.
The Summit Audio TLA-100A works in a program dependent manner, meaning it does a lot of the thinking for you. It’s tremendously easy to use and basically impossible to make it sound bad. It will however give you some soft and warm distortion if you drive it really hard. For ease of use, Softubes TLA-100A plug-in has a Saturation knob that the original unit lacks. This lets you blend in just the right amount of distortion to your signal.
The TLA-100A shows the same basic behavior on any type of material. Its transparency and strong but gentle grab of the sound source makes it a popular choice for placing vocals and bass just where they need to be in the mix. The TLA-100A is also well suited for tasks like softening a spiky acoustic guitar that demands too much attention, or providing some ‘glue’ on a drum buss or a full mix.
- Controls your audio dynamics with mild authority
- Easy to use
- Built-in parallel compression and detector filtering (Low Cut filter switchable to signal input)
- Each and every component carefully modeled
- Modeled output distortion, easily controlled with the Saturation knob
- Extremely analog behavior of frequencies, phase, distortion, attack, release, etc
- Softube makes the only Summit Audio plug-ins